June 22, 2010

You Want Something Eventful, Eh?

Missing: Toby. :(

My favorite picture of you.
(Even if you look like a girl here, we all know that you're one buff dude!)
Because this 'look' only happens once every blue moon. You get so dirrrty easily. Day after your grooming shiz, you already look like a dust bunny.


Like madungis na amo, like madungis na aso. Why amo with fake unparallel blue eyes?


June 13, 2010 / Sunday / 7:30am - Exactly his 1 yr and 4 mo

Mother woke me up and asked 'What time pasok mo?'
'*grunts* ??? 4:30 pa. Bakit?' [My schedule is usually written on our whiteboard so I was a bit annoyed with the question. And was like 'What was that for?']

'Nawawala si Toby.' Oh, it was just her preamble.

I processed the thought and then I tried going back to sleep. After 10 minutes..nah, can't go back to sleep anymore. So I pushed myself out of the bed & went outside. My mother was talking to one of our neighbors while I was looking at the cars passing by figuring out how many hours was my sleep 'Hmmm..6 hours.'

---

The night before, I came home from a High School Buddy's treat and merrily gorged with diabetes. I was home a bit early though, around 11:30. PM. My mother asked me to walk Toby outside since my father won't be back until Sunday afternoon.

Diabetic Son: Eh? Gabi na..
Mother: Hindi pa 'yan nakalabas. Ilakad mo na, gamitin mo yung bagong tali.

So I look for Toby's new leash. Adjusted it because the neck and leg hole were too small for him. While I was in the middle of measuring his tiny dog size, he was being funny as he kept on raising his right hand/front right leg as if inserting it in an invisible leash.

It was just us in the hushed street. After some few human steps/several puppy steps, I was already playing tug of war with him because he wanted to walk farther. He was even crying, not barking. I think he knows that it should be snooze time already so he just did the soft dog whining...

'Toby! Sssshhh!"

Toby finally stopped. And just made the most out of our literally dark situation - sniffing the sidewalk while I was watching him.

And..that was it.

---

It has been 9 days.

On the onset, my parents were transparently affected and have gone slightly emo about the whole situation; My brother ordered pizza and went to Gateway while I, with an M.A. in Putting On A Poker Face, sat in front of the television, watched Eagle Eye (& actually enjoyed it) and ate 3 slices of pizza. Or 5. Don't tell brother!

My mother went to the Town Hall (slash diyan sa barangay lol) while my father already informed our neighbors that he'll be giving 4k as a reward to whoever can bring Toby back. I'd say, make it 5k. We all want Toby safe and sound here and we're really worried on how he is being treated/fed. Do they even know what his specific dog food is? That he can 'sit?' That he likes to be scratched on his tummy? That whatever time of the day is (even if it is 3am), if he sense our familiar footsteps going inside the house, he would put much effort to wake up, drag himself to us with a little wobbly walking and lick us/act cute while wiggling his super short tail?

He is just so selfless. Unlike a lot of humans. And he is still due with one or two more appointment/s with the Animal Care Clinic so he really need to go home.

Looking in to this whole scenario, I also realized that I've been already stripped off of much emotionsssss before this Toby incident. Insert the familiar 'I've gone through a lot' line. So this may sound harsh but losing Toby should be a walk in the park. I mean, I absolutely love Toby = A HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT. But I should deal with the reality and that reality is 'he is gone.' If he comes back, I'd be so much happy. But for now, I should continue with my now more boring life. I really really really miss him though.




That PUPPEH NOSE! I wanna scratch ittt!



He is not a huge fan of hugs but I don't care. [see photo] I'll hug him anytime of the day, even if he is eating or sleeping. Because 1. He's very much cuddly 2. It is so relaxing and 3. It's INSTANTLY FREE! If I want a hug, Toby would run but 4 Toby steps = 1 or 2 Me steps..lose-lose situation for him!

Hmm..this is it? This would probably my last Toby Blog Entry and it took me days to finish this.

So Toby..hmmm..wherever you are..we all wish that you are healthy and we want you to know that we miss you bigtime. I also hope to see and hug you soon!

3 comments:

  1. awww...nasad ako sa entry na ito..I was once a dog lover, may aso din kami dati e kaso dhl sobrang na-aattached kami sa mga aso, ayaw na nila papa mag-alaga ulit kasi pag namatay dw or may masamang nangyari dun sa aso nalulungkot dw kami ng bongga hehe...pero sana makita nyo pa rin si Toby, sana bumalik na siya!!! ;) ang cute pa naman niya...I'll pray for Toby hehe.. :p kmzta ka na ba, Lou?? we should meet one of these days together with rayne and some other close friends hahaha! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad.:'( I remember Presley. It took us days before we could finally accept the harsh reality of his loss.:( Stay strong! I can give you one of our puppies if you want. That is, if my siblings will allow it.:) SMILE.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Es Oo nga eh, iba talaga yung bond na nacre-create sa dogs/pets. Haha

    Okay naman. :) 1st training with a new company. Hehe Medyo busy pa kasi start/training pa lang. XP

    @Chai T_T Hehe Thanks big! This too shall pass lol Makaquote lang XP

    ReplyDelete