February 22, 2009

Soda Status: Nonexistent

I made a deal with myself..that before turning 20, I should control myself for 30 FREAKIN' DAYS to not drink sodas of any kind..no matter how light, zero, or sugarless it is..it is still soda! Foolish.

There were a lot..and I mean A LOT of situations where I was tempted to drink one.
  • In one circling table, all my friends are sharing a drink of 1.5 size of Coke and all I can do is stare at it and pretend to be happy with my really fresh mineral bottle.
  • There where a handful of moments where my mom (since my mom is a fan of fizzy drinks) just randomly brings a bottle of soft drink in the table and drink it right in front of me (she really doesn't know anything about my crazy abstinence) and all I can do is touch the cold bottle, feel it and gulp on my glass of water. Like a poor helpless kid.
  • In dire need of something to drink, I entered a 24 hour convenience store and directly went to the ref with figuratively eye popping sodas..*moment of silence and mild reflection*..I slowly move to the other ref with healthy orange juice and cleansing teas.
I was successful with this and I made it to not only 30 h2o days but exactly 37 days of pure water and juice intakes! Yey! :D

..and I found myself swimming with soda pops on the 38th day!

No comments:

Post a Comment