November 5, 2009

You're Mongolian?

"Mongolian same with Chinese?' Over and over question.
"No." For the nth time.

Away from the thick smoke and noise pollution in the Metro, we went to our province for All Soul's/Saint's Day. We had a family friend who was with us through the whole short vacation. He was born in Mongolia and lived there for 19 years. I share the same age and I.Q. with him. LOL. I'll call him 'A' here. He is intelligent and quick! He speaks English well, his Tagalog is making progress though he doesn't speak Chinese.

Our conversations were NON-SERIOUS.

A: Do you know Bugoy?
Supahman: The singer? He's Filipino. Why?
A: He is a good singer. I heard his songs.
Supahman: I don't like his songs and majority of Filipino songs. I like Western songs more.
A: Racist!
Supahman: You're racist! You don't eat Sinigang na Isaw on sticks!
A: That's not even food!

A: Do you know Amado Hernandez?
Supahman: Yes! He's a painter!
A: No. No. He's a poet. A Filipino poet.
Supahman: I just said poet. Clean your ears.
A: He writes Tagalog poems and uses Tagalog words that you yourself won't even understand. Our teacher asked us to memorize one of his poems. It goes like 'Sa la-gas na dahowng nasabit sa tinikkk' See? *scratches head* Lagas na dahon?
Supahman: Yeah!? What The H is lagas na dahon!?
Cousin: Fallen leaves?
Supahman: I wasn't serious.

I was doing this hand sign to my mom to suggest 'Switch place with the person in front of her.'
A: *frustrated* Oh my! You kids are spoiled!
Supahman: No, I'm not. I was just respectfully asking my mom to do something for me. It's an exchange for doing the dishes in our house at QC.
A: You're spoiled.
Supahman: I'm not a kid.

Supahman: A! Bring my brother's psp at home. *hands psp*
A: Okay. I'll just leave this in the middle of the road.
Supahman: *Give-me-a-second-for-my-rebuttal smug*

While I was texting my co-officers, he saw 'Sending Scarlet-Name of Officer.' [Scarlet refers to my organization]
A: Is Scarlet your girlfriend?
Supahman: Yes. She's cool and hot.
A: Figuratively?
Supahman: Jokingly.

Dad: Do you eat this(points at Paella)?
A: Yes.
Dad: Red meat?
A: Ah, yes.
Brother: This one(Spring rolls)?
A: Yes. I actually eat anything and everything..except humans.
Supahman: High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment