December 8, 2009

The Perks Of Being A Cauliflower

Yum. It's 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky


[Flickr Photo]

If you're in high school, good book for you.
If you're in college, good book for you to kill time.
If you're in college and graduating, where did you get that extra time to read?

This is an easy read. Quite soft & straightforward. Stephen Chbosky writes calmly. He use "!" a few times and only use it when the need arises. His main character, Charlie, seems composed but pretty emotional. He cries a lot that it annoys me.

"I like girls. I really do."

"I'm just lucky that I have so much schoolwork and don't have a lot of time to think."

"He's a wallflower." "You(Charlie) see things. You keep quiet about them. And you understand."

Hmmm. Familiar.

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" is the second book that I read twice. Plus, I did some sort of note-taking. [Since I read this on the onset of semestral break] I was bummed and it came as a blessing with a tag price. Without the book, I might be lying in bed for hours. Or washing the dishes. Awful.

I'm currently in the first few pages of 'The Cather in The Rye' by J.D. Salinger and I can see where Stephen Chbosky got most of his influence.

! Today is the feast day of Immaculate Conception! A holiday. One of those days that I get to have all the time in the world..and waste it.

! I'm starting to like vegetables. I feel like a grandpa. Huw. This not good for a 20 year old pervert. I should stay close with cookies, cookies and few bottles of Royal. Screw carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment