April 30, 2010

With A Fur, With A Furrr

That Holy Week at Quezon slash behind the scenes of You're Mongolian? Part II: Return Of the Yadda Yadda

Pretty? Toby and half of A's leg. Toby will always look for a precious space in this blog. He pushed me to publish this photo; Bit my foot and won't let go of it until the photo pops out of the screen..

Tsk. S-p-o-i-l-e-d, a-t-t-e-n-t-i-o-n c-r-a-v-e-r and s-e-m-i c-r-u-e-l, I know! He is slowly learning to read so I need to use this hyphen technique to confuse him.

Plus, he wants this blog's url to be changed to iammightytoby.blogspot.com since he feels that most of my posts are 'Toby-centric.'


Some sort of pseudo doggy threesome with Hazy Beige (friend of mother's dog), Fuzzy Toby and Wooly Puppy (cousin's dog). Toby kept on sniffing Puppy's butt but Puppy was too wise for Toby so she just sat on the floor all day. All day.


Lily, 50% disaster!, 40% Australian kangaroo and 10% lotus feet, stayed either inside a box or sleeping on my grandfather's soft white chair the whole Holy Week. Once you put her out of her jailhouse, she will be hopping everywhere and will be wreaking havoc 24/7.

On the upper right part of the photo is Toby meticulously planning a tactic on how he can sniff Puppy's butt. His body is hidden from Puppy's view but his head is all out showing sign of his presence. F-A-I-L


Day 1 and this tripod greeted me.
'Para san yan?'
*..never gonna dance again..guilty feet have got no rhythm.. *

Cousin set this up beside his bed and it stood there untouched and totally unused. 'Eh bat may red bandana ditooooo!?'


My 2nd favorite spot every morning. Could have been first if there was internet connection. And maybe burgers, gold bars and..you. Heh. Baduy.


Mater Dolorosa (Mother of Sorrows) outside her doll house/box.

Holds history - from great great (times 173621563) grandparents passed on to my grandparents and then passed on to my mother (parents). So she is left with two you're-doomed! choices in the future..ME OR MY BROTHER. *insert The Day The Earth Stood Still BG music*

Part of the responsibility is to get 2 or 3 people to change Mater Dolorosa's clothes to a sleek black-purple one. The heavy clothes are kept under her doll house/box but it's a serious task since it involves nails, hammers and a lot of muscle-flexing. And then there's also food preparation for 70+ people, checking and changing of light bulbs, etc.

So every Holy Week (esp Holy Friday), the only possible statuses are - busy/dnd/afk/..invisible to everyone (if you're due two more movies to watch).

After the procession, there's usually a lot of people inside the house so we [cousins and dogs] lock ourselves inside our grandparent's room to watch dvds and eat pancit and cupcakes. It has been pancit and cupcakes every dinner of Holy Friday since 1611.


Dusty out-of-tune upright pedal piano!

When there were still no laptop/dvds/burger machine, I kill time by playing my grandparent's piano pieces. I can even play 'Apple bottom jeans jeans boots with a fur, with a fur' before. lol. My favorite piece was 'Blue Moon' because I can have a trio with my mother and my uncles/aunt. Now, the only two pieces that I can play right off the top of my head are 'Snake Dance' and 'Happy Birthday.' Very Pre-Kindergarten.

Right above the piano is a scenic collage (hehe) of my relatives' college graduation photos. My mother (lower left) finished Commerce and Business Administration. At the bottom is their youngest brother, my uncle who is a generous priest. And fyi, one of my grandmother's sisters is a nun. THAT'S WHY! I grew up so pious, faithful and lies-free. :)


This terrace is quite filthy now and steels were placed to avoid crooks and stray cats. But still spacious that it can hold 20+ people for partaaays! It's also a perfect spot to do some clearing-of-clouded-mind shit or to find a signal for your Globe phone.


I tend to hide under this staircase and surprise/scare people who go down by grabbing their legs/feet. I also shout 'WAH!!!' really loud to add a more terrifying emotion. I think it's quite effective..and really mature.


FREAKY.

One afternoon while my grandfather, mother and cousin were sleeping in their own room and everyone else were out of the house, I decided to release my burning creativity and lame-blurry talent in photography. Click here, click there..

Going upstairs, I accidentally clicked the shutter button and got this photo.
Me: FUDGE. *shivers*

Shivers? Haha. Kid. This is me with my Invisibitlity power. Semi-True Story.

8 comments:

  1. Angelique! Thank you :) Its my grandparents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always wanted to have an ancestral home like this. my family's ancestral home has been renovated a lot of times, it already lost touch of the past. huuu. yours looks like it has a lot of stories to tell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, sayang naman yun..but it might look ten times better after all those renovations :)

    Hehe it stores a chockfull :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOY LOU!:)) Ntawa na naman ako dito sa blog mo. Excited ka na bang mamana yung image? ;p HAHAHA. Ang cute ni Toby. Pumaparaan! Bakit may ribbon sya sa buhok.. :)) Cute din ni Lily suuuuper. Haha. Okay, ang random ko. Haha.

    Naimagine ko pala yung pag nagtatago ka sa ilalim ng staircase at manghihila ng ankle o paa tapos mag wa-WAAAH. HAHAHAA. What a very,very mature thing to do. :p Hahaha. :)

    Naging meaningful naman ba ang holy week mo Lou? Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA Hindiiiii! Kay kuya yun mapupunta, 99% sure with prayers :))

    Pumaparaan talaga :)) Dahil dun sa grooming, pina-groom kasi siya bago kami pumunta ng Quezon tas nilagyan na naman ng ribbon tas hindi na tinagal :))

    Lily says Thanks big! XP

    HAHAHA Mas madalas ko yun gawin nung bata pa ako, lalo na dun sa nag-aalaga sakin. Benta kasi reaction nila pag nagugulat HAHA EPTIOME OF MATURITY! :)

    Uhmm..yes, ma'am! Eye-opener yung mga movies na napanood ko HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)) Bakit naman ayaw mo Lou. Sign of prestige yun. :p HAHAHAAAA! :))

    Ay grabe. Bakit naman hindi nyo tinanggal? :)) Binaboy naman si Toby.. LOL! Ang cucute ng mga aso mo. :)

    Ay kahit nung bata ka pa "mature" ka na pala. Wow. Hahaha. :p

    Anong mga movies naman Lou?? SHUUU! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA But matched with a huge huge responsibility XP

    Heh Bagay naman ata sa kanya. LOL Thank you daw from Lily and Toby :)

    See? EXACTLY. Thank you XP *goes back to building lego*

    Marami. Mga Asian comedy movies na pinapanood sakin ng pinsan ko :))

    ReplyDelete