January 1, 2009

Snippets!

One of the highlights in my 2008 or in my life as a whole (how can this be in half? :D) / in general was when I have been injected in a Focus Group Discussion.

So when we where in the van, going to our 2nd location (we're actually along EDSA heading to Rockwell and the memorable cast inside the moving vehicle - 5 respondents of whom I share the same age, 1 interviewer, 2 assistants and the driver), the interviewer randomly asked us (the three of us, of whom he is closest seating arrangement-wise) what was our first childhood memory. This was really out of the Group Discussion topic and out of the blue as I was at the moment skimming billboards. He asked us when was the time that we realized that we are the so-called human being and having the ability to rationalize; that we already knew we were breathing pollution in the metro and capable of..well not really in this way, more of a formal-casual-asking-way. So yeah, go figure.

I just shrugged my head slowly to the left then to the right, which in non-verbal communication means "I don't know" or "I'm not sure" but in my vocabulary at that time means "I'm not in the mood to answer that because I'm currently grasping the sense of this boring billboard and by the way, did you know that I want to be an underwear billboard model (and I'm dead serious XD)? No, because you're not paying attention to where my eyes were focused." (Rude.) though at the back of my head I really had an answer to his question.


In fact, I'm juggling between two childhood memories because I'm not sure which my first is:


  • One was a dream..or maybe not. It happened in my kindergarten school where my mother was playing bingo in the classroom with her co-parents while I was busy being trapped at the entrance of the playground because I'm being halted by a monster (and I'm dead serious typing write now). Every kid in the playground knows that there was..actually there were two monsters in that playground. I was so scared that I can't move my feet into the playground and as I am writing this now..I'm thinking that this could be a reality. Not a dream, but this actually occurred right in front of my virgin eyes with my complete senses tingling. Talk about first childhood memory: mine was scary and unsure.


  • The other one was pretty much more exciting because I solely remember..waking up. Yes, the simple act of waking up from a sleep in our bedroom, taking off the blanket that binds me from sleep (like a suman..I sleep like this when I was a kid. Now, I barely even have any piece of clothing when sleeping. Haha! Not!) then going down the stairs. I remember that positively and certainly.

But then again, I'm not sure which one's first or even if these two were actually my earliest memories. And I didn't say this in that moving van because the conversation could get serious, confusing and I could be explaining stuffs until we're already walking inside Rockwell. But I've done it now: Seriously explained confusing stuffs. Ding! You choose, I can't.


On the other hand..the interviewer, in his story-telling mode, said that he only remembered 'snippets' (matching this with a hand-quotation-gesture) of his childhood and that was the first time I've encountered the word 's-n-i-p-p-e-t-s'. It instantaneously glued into my head.

Now, it is stuck and I'm using it as my first entry in this online journal. How astonishingly lame.


Oh, Happy New Year and have a good 2009! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment