January 2, 2009

A Goodbye to Mr. Klutz?

I started my 2008 (just last year) physically bleeding and ended it with the same incident.


Last 2007, before a new year sets in, it was raining a bit which left a slippery floor in front of our house. Then 5 minutes before 2008, I, going inside our house and nearing the front door, accidentally tripped and fell hard with my right body. Result: I was spending my first few minutes/hours of 2008 bathing with betadine and alcohol. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call celebrating the new year with a big bang! Beat that!

Then came end of 2008 and exactly an hour before 2009 sets in, I found myself brushing my teeth in the lavatory and I was doing it the usual way (since there's no other way to do this but with toothbrush, toothpaste and a glass of water..or if your a mean person to Mother Earth, an open faucet). I've been brushing my teeth without any aid since early 90's and this was the first and only time that I've bleed myself out of the mouth area. The catch: I was about to gargle and as I was getting the glass from the sink, it accidentally slipped from my hand which eventually left a cut on my smallest left finger. Plus there were scattered pieces of broken glass near my feet and good thing it didn't fall exactly ON my feet because that would be a different case and I could be spending the new year on a wheel chair or again, sitting in front of the television with betadine and alcohol. Rock on clumsiness! \m/


I'm not officially bidding goodbye to his handsomeness, Mr. Klutz because I know that there will be and will always be a moment for me to find a place where there's possible klutz-iness to happen. Oh shoot, I just got a mini cut on my left knee from the keyboard sliding case.



Kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment