September 29, 2009

SURVIVOR Tan Yan Kee

Would you opt to go to class and have the scheduled quiz despite the non-stop rain or would you opt to stay at home, be safe but miss the quiz?

In the middle of Gender Issues, our surprised classmate broke the news that our college building was already flooded. We got unruffled calmness from our professor who went on lecturing his (more or less) 40 troubled students.

It was a matter of deciding and sticking to that decision in the coming hours. Some of our classmates braved the continuously rising flood just to get home but some stayed inside the building to hopefully wait for the rain to stop and the flood to subside. I, unconsciously, stayed inside our building. I was really thinking of going home but a lot were saying that streets outside our University were impassable and devastatingly flooded. So I stayed...

...wait. My story can wait. Changed my mind. I'll thank people first:

! Thank you Commerce students for giving out free bottled water. It was the first thing that we got in our stay.
! Thank you Marice for letting us 'live' at Tan Yan Kee. Taking care everyone plus updating us every hour. You're one tough woman! I hope you and your family are doing fine in Rizal.
! Thank you SOCC for the support, the food and the assistance. All of you stood as our parents who stayed awake for more than 24 hours just to know that every student were safe and sound.
! Thank you Doy & ABSC. I saw your huge effort in taking care of the Arts and Letters' teachers and students who were stranded at the AB/Commerce Building.
! Thank you Manong Guard, Ate and Kuya. I may not know your names but I know your faces. You're all heroes.
! Thank You Bigtime! My 4CA1 CLASSMATES..who weren't stranded and safe at home but still updated us if we're doing fine. Thank you. My 4CA1 Co-Tan Yan Kee Survivors (plus Joyce!) who became a good and absolutely fun company. We stayed together and we made the most out of our not-so-good condition. The white round table will always be our table. Always! Haha.


[7:00 pm - In front of Tan Yan Kee, a van was slowly being submerged. This served as our flood ruler! 'If the flood went below the plate number, we can leave and go home.' Joke lang! Mataas pa rin!]



[My literally crappy noodles. Nagmuka na ngang alambre, naglasang donut pa. I'm the Best Instant Noodle Maker in the history of Noodle Making! \m/]


I like this picture because it shows our tightness despite everything. NOT. LOL. We're just playing cards. Cards made out of the school's official paper. XD (Thanks for the improv Glenda! And all the photos were grabbed from her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment